live with Mexican family to be fluent in Spanish?

I want to be fluent i Spanish by living with a Hispanic family. I know there are universities that offer exchange programs, but I do not want to go through a university. Is there anyway I could live in Mexico and just pay a Mexican family board to learn Spanish?


  1. Yes, but you want to be very careful about doing that.

    If you do it through a school, the school has checked out any potential families to make sure you’ll be alright.

  2. There are many total immersion schools where homestay is main feature…Guatemala is known for them and less expensive…I am sure mexico has them just not sure where…Costa Rica also has several.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.